Tuesday 27 December 2011

Grasmere...the sleepy little 'poetic' town

A scenic, sleepy little poetic town in Lake District. The place can easily mesmerise one with its beautiful houses mostly built using dark grey & purple slate rock sourced locally. This place is also blessed with poetic music of William Wordsworth, who wandered lonely as a cloud, and rested in peace here. He is one of my fav poets - the first taste of his poem i got is when my dad introduced me to that 'Wren & Martin' Grammar book when i was a kid! [Oh, no...that big book which always showed my blunders].

We went to this place as a visit to Scotland and my notes & sketches were used to develop this painting. This is done using a pen, ink and watercolour. I like the way this particular street captured my imagination. This is on the way to Wishing Well and grave of Wordsworth.

I'd love to go to Grasmere, anytime. Always!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...